If you’re in a band and looking for a men’s wedding ring that strikes just the right chord, you need to check out a guitar string wedding band!
In a world where rings can be so ordinary, it’s nice to find a wedding band that stands out from the crowd. If you’re a musician who regularly has an axe string under your fingers, how about putting one around your finger? Read on to discover the string ring of your dreams!
Let’s start with some guitar string trivia:
- The Fender guitar factory makes over 90,000 guitar strings every day! If you took all the strings they crank out every year and laid them end-to-end to make one giant string; it would wrap all the way around the planet.
- Today, guitar strings are made from steel or nylon, but they used to be made from animal intestines…ew. (Very important side note here: we do not use those in our rings! We stick to the modern metal ones!)
- Since we’re talking about wedding bands, we can’t pass up mentioning that a man once married his guitar. Chris Black, a UK guitarist with a red Stratocaster named “Brenda the Fenda,” was officially wed to his guitar after 35 years of “dating.”
Guitar String Jewelry
Guitar string jewelry is nothing new. Creative people with a love for music have been repurposing old guitar strings and turning them into interesting pieces of jewelry for years.
- Wearyourmusic.com takes guitar strings donated by over 150 famous musicians, creates cool bracelets and things, and then donates the proceeds to charity.
- Retunedjewelry.com takes some of the 700 tons of guitar strings that are thrown away every year and makes incredible-looking bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and key chains.
We prefer to take a more subtle approach. Rather than making entire pieces out of old strings that look great, we incorporate them into a classy metal band—usually a Damascus steel, stainless steel, or titanium ring.
Guitar String Wedding Ring
Repurposing guitar strings as wedding rings has been popular among musicians for a long time. It’s a great way to connect one love of your life to another!
Carly Rae Jepsen even wrote a song called “Guitar String / Wedding Ring” about it:
“If you cut a piece of guitar string
I would wear it like it’s a wedding ring
Wrapped around my finger.”
It’s definitely a conversation starter to have a small piece of guitar string on your wedding band. Other people who play guitar will immediately notice it, and you’ll no doubt hit it off with plenty of common interests to talk about. Others may see it and wonder what it is, which just gives you a chance to go on and on about how much you love to shred, pick, or strum.
Our Rings Made From Guitar Strings
We feature two unique rings in our store with a guitar string inlay as part of their design.
With “The Guitarist,” we start with a robust tungsten ring that is heavy (without being uncomfortable), solid, and scratch-resistant. It features a brushed silver finish on the exterior with a perfectly curved, smooth interior that makes this ring super cozy to wear 24/7. Then we offset the silver with a bronze guitar string inlay that gives it the “WOW” factor.
It’s a simple ring that you’ll love for decades to come.
“The Whiskey Guitarist” is an excellent choice for someone who wants to take their wedding band a little further and add an extra layer of nuance while maintaining simple sophistication. We start with a black tungsten ring, then add a fairly wide inlay made from old whiskey barrel wood in case that’s another hobby you’d like to highlight on your band! Then, we create a second inlay around the center of the ring using a bronze guitar string.
The effect is incredible, and pictures really don’t do it justice. And thanks to several layers of protective coatings that we add on top of it all, your ring can endure even the harshest conditions while maintaining its signature style and comfort for decades to come! Never worry about needing to remove your wedding ring while doing garden work, swimming in the ocean, or showering.
We can easily customize them to fit your tastes and preferences with either of these rings. Maybe you want to use a different metal (titanium, stainless steel, etc.) or another type of wood (koa wood, perhaps). If you can dream it, we can make it happen!
We’re Your String Ring HQ
Feel like a superstar with a unique guitar string wedding band handcrafted right here in the U.S.
Every ring we create comes with a 100% lifetime warranty, so if anything ever happens to your ring, we’ll take care of it. We understand that a wedding band like this represents a huge moment in your life, so we take pride in providing top-notch customer service before and long after your ring is delivered (which is also free within the U.S.).
To get started, check out either of our guitar string rings and let us know what size you need!